Technical Director - HSE
An exciting opportunity has arisen to build holistic HSE services within Aberdeen. You will be working locally as well as globally with an established team. You will have extensive experience within the oil and gas industry (and across other sectors is preferable), with an aptitude of technical and managerial issues central to HSE management ranging from permitting, compliance management, HSE management systems, and audit. Experience of major accident hazard management / technical safety is preferable. A key aspect for this role will be to develop business so you will have experience in business development and well established network and reputation within the market. You will need to have a recognised H&S qualification (for example CMIOSH or working towards) is also preferred.
Skill and experience required:
General Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in the UK O&G Sector
- Consultancy experience desired, ideally supplemented with additional Operational/Exploration/ Major Project experience.
- Manage multiple proposals and projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience of managing large, complex, multidisciplinary projects and project teams, including mentoring and developing other team members
- Experience in broader HSE disciplines welcomed, especially in technical safety.
Specific Skills / Experience
- Experienced in delivering HSE management systems development, review, updates and implementation
- Perform HSE compliance and system audits to assess project and operational compliance with applicable health and safety or environmental regulatory requirements, corporate standards, or international standards
- Experienced in delivering safety leadership and culture training
- Experienced workshop facilitator / trainer
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Collaborative team player
- Willingness to be accountable for high quality deliverables and business outcomes
Offshore Certificates required and a willingness and ability to travel (UK and overseas). We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org