This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the health, safety and wellbeing service. The service provides professional advice to managers in all services and schools across Warwickshire County Council to enable them to find solutions to ensure legal compliance and effective management of health, safety and wellbeing.
This also includes a traded service with the opportunity to develop the service and identify areas for commercial growth.
The Team Lead will be responsible for:
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Employee health and wellbeing
- Occupational Health provision
- Employee Assistance Programme provision
- Traded health, safety & wellbeing service delivery and growth strategy
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health audit and training programme
- Management of health and safety audit programme
- Development of HSW policy, standards, guidance documents and information
We are looking for someone who can effectively lead, manage and deliver a professional and effective health, safety and wellbeing service, both traded and non-traded.
You will need to have extensive knowledge, understanding and application of health and safety legislation and an understanding of organisational employee health and wellbeing requirements.
You will have a key role within our service team, supporting the Service Manager and Delivery Team Leader/s in achieving our organisational vision and outcomes.
You will work in partnership with our Commissioning Team Leaders and the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Technical Specialist to ensure delivery of a professional, effective and compliant HSW service.
You will manage the team and activities to ensure that they meet the outcomes of the service delivery plan and work in partnership with key stakeholders, statutory partners, service providers and customers.
This role will lead and develop a HSW service that supports and advises managers and customers in finding their own solutions to enable them to effectively manage health, safety and wellbeing in their services/schools/business.
Essential experience required to be successful in the role includes;
Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (e.g. BSc, MSc, or NVQ Level 6)
- IOSH professional membership
- Substantial experience of working at a management level in health, safety and wellbeing~
- Awareness of employee health and wellbeing requirements
- Ability to deliver a commercial approach to service delivery
- Experience of managing a traded service
For further information please see the job profile.
We offer amazing benefits including....
- A strong flexible working culture, including the opportunity for flexibility on working hours, technology to support remote working (such as Microsoft Surface Pro's and phones where the role allows)
- Access to membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance which rises as you remain in employment with us. You get all Bank and public holidays off, plus all staff are given an extra day of holiday over Christmas
- Some of the very best Learning and Development training courses to support your ongoing development
- A host of enhanced family friendly policies
Plus much more....
For further information about this role please contact Sally Brandrick on 01926 412307.
Closing date: 3rd February 2020
Interview date: 17th February 2020
Our method of application is online, please note, CV's should not be submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. By 'minimum criteria' we mean that you must provide us with evidence in your application form which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required for each competence, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and is keen to address areas of under representation in its workforce and would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, disabled people and people from the LGBT+ Community.