Shirley Parsons are currently working with a pioneering utilities contractor seeking a HSE Advisor to join their established and progressive team, focusing on implementing group behavioural strategies at a project level and working closely with stakeholders of all levels within the business. This role offers an opportunity to develop your career long-term within an excellent company, who can offer very good developmental opportunities.
- Covering projects across the Home Counties.
- Conducting site inspections ensuring the business remain compliant to both legislation and the companies policies.
- Monitoring and developing H&S performance within your business area against the company objectives, strategies, standards and procedures.
- Advising stakeholders of all levels within the business on H&S best practice and compliance, working with them to find positive solutions to any issues and acting as a genuine advisor on specific projects and sites.
- Develop and implement group H&S initiatives and behavioural safety programmes at a local level, undertake audits and inspections as required, report to the H&S Manager for your business unit on H&S performance and KPIs, identify potential training needs and requirements, and carry out incident investigations and root cause analysis as required.
- Attend monthly 1-1 meetings with Suppliers and Sub Contractors/
- NEBOSH Certificate (or equivalent level qualification) is required; Diploma level would be desirable
- Experience within relevant high-risk areas such as construction, civil engineering or utilities in a dedicated H&S role; experience of 'below ground' activities would be advantageous
- CSCS Card would be desired
- A positive, proactive approach to your work, with excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders internally and externally