An enthusiastic SHE Advisor to join the workplace services team of a Tier 1 contractor, based in Southampton.
Your new company
My client provide specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve their clients' work environments. This provides clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables them to focus on their core business, while my client take care of the rest. The business are based around core values of enthusiasm, being forward-thinking and collaborative.
A vast portfolio of key clients include: theatres, financial businesses, charities, councils and schools.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of SHE, you will provide detailed Health and Safety advice, support and guidance to the business stream, ensuring all relevant policies/procedures are up to date. This role will be predominantly based in the South East, however travel to London/nationally and overnight stays may be required on rare occasions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive to deliver continual SHE improvements across the Business Unit
- Ensure SHE procedures are implemented to allow all relevant legislation to be complied with
- Provide support and advice on SHE issues to operational and support teams
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are correctly reported and support is provided to investigations in accordance with SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure that all SHE reporting requirements are provided accurately and in a timely manner
- Conduct site/project/contract visits and produce action plans for operations management to address
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a positive person who can influence others, able to work on your own initiative and work well under pressure.
You must hold a NEBOSH Diploma/equivalent (or working towards) and have experience in a similar role. Working knowledge of 14001/18001 and Asbestos Management (ideally P405 qualification) are also required.
What you'll get in return
An excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's largest construction firms within their Workplace Services team.
This position will offer variety and the chance to develop your career with support from an experienced line manager. You will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits including 25 days holiday (+ BH's) and many other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.