A leading multinational logistics company is seeking a field/ home based Senior Health & Safety Manager located anywhere in the Northern Home Counties, the Midlands or Staffordshire. This is an opportunity for a good influencer to join an awarding safety team and learn and grow from expert safety professionals. The company will be looking for a candidate with experience delivering training and good familiarity with warehousing, transport and yard risks.
- Advise management on Health and Safety Legislation, safe methods of working, prevention of hazards to health and suitability of plant, protective equipment and control measures.
- Initiate timely and appropriate actions in emergency situations, contact and communicate effectively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Investigate RIDDORs and produce the F2508 report and Summary Reports. Produce technical risk assessments i.e. PUWER/LOLER/COSHH as required.
- Provide suitable technical advice at the design stage of changes to the layout, systems of work and introduction of new materials/machines.
- Participate in and advise Business Unit Safety Committees and Forums. Ensure site preparation and support BSC audits to attain or maintain 5 Star Standard
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, CMIOSH or working towards.
- Familiarity with warehousing and transport risks.
- Personal credibility and self-confidence in a customer facing quality orientated role.
- Track record of working at all levels, from Senior Managers to Shop Floor.
- Excellent organisation skills, close attention to detail, and proven ability to write comprehensive reports.
- Ability to use numerical skills to conduct trend analysis supported by Excel.
Job reference: MR12982