Senior Health and Safety Advisor
Welwyn Garden City | £60,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile construction company to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of a major, long term, contract to construct substations. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities for the Senior Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical health and safety related enquires.
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance.
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Senior Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience working with substations and electrical safety and from within civil engineering, construction or utilities
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent) and IOSH Membership
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
- Solid experience with the Distribution Network Operators
Ideally hold a BESC and/or Persons qualification
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Conor Walsh on or 01923 432 628.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.