Senior Fire Consultant | Birmingham
Up to £60,000 salary + Car Allowance & benefits.
Irwin & Colton are working with a global leader in the construction and infrastructure space to secure a Senior Fire Consultant to provide fire risk management related services to commercial, public and infrastructure clients in Birmingham and the designated region.
With over 4,000 people worldwide, this consultancy has a track record of delivering high quality services to major capital projects for over 50 years and counts many of the UK's largest companies as clients. Their clients span a range of sectors from construction and infrastructure through to manufacturing and engineering.
The role will be Birmingham based, but will involve travel on a daily basis to client sites across the designated region.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Fire Consultant:
- Deliver fire risk assessments, fire strategies, fire evacuation plans and fire management audits across a variety of sectors including commercial, residential, retail, education and government facilities.
- Provide a wide range of clients with fire consultancy services and associated reporting, presentations and management information.
- Deliver fire related training and workshops / awareness sessions to clients, project teams and internal audiences.
- Develop business improvement programmes & project manage their effective delivery
- Assist in the development of further fire related opportunities through technical articles, speaking opportunities and bid support.
- Act as Commission Manager for teams of more junior / assistant consultants.
- Attend and participate within client safety meetings to provide guidance and best practice on fire safety issues
Essential experience and qualifications for the Senior Fire Consultant:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience delivering practical fire consultancy services.
- Ideally degree qualified (or equivalent), with a minimum of the CFPA European Diploma in Fire Prevention, or actively working towards it.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within fire safety
This is an excellent opportunity for an established fire safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of projects, with a leading consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.