Convert are delighted to be recruiting for a dedicated and highly competent Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Advisor based in Oxford covering sites within Oxford, Home Counties and London. An opportunity to drive cultural change as part of a dedicated team reporting to the SHEQ Lead whilst working closely with project teams and supply chain partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be an essential part of a leading national construction and refurbishment company who hold safety as a core value and are inspired to make a difference.
Benefits Include :
- 26 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Single Bupa Cover
- Defined contribution company pension scheme (5% / 4%)
- Life assurance (equivalent to three times salary)
- Free eye tests
- Employee discount scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Paid membership to a professional body
- CIPD flexible working champion
Essentially you will possess the ability to engage, influence and improve safety standards across all levels. You will need to have excellent communication skills, must be analytical and decisive with the ability to lead by example.
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years experience of planned and reactive maintenance projects, building refurbishments and/or preventative maintenance, construction within a mixture of public sector to include universities, housing & schools is the ideal. Previous experience of engagement with project teams and supply chain partners.
Qualifications Required Nebosh Construction and/or NCRQ Equivalent. Nebosh Diploma the ideal and working towards CMIOSH. Evidence of CPD is required.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and support continued improvement of SHEQ performance
- Promote and deliver SHEQ strategy and a positive ethos
- Guide and advise projects on implementation of business management systems, policies and procedures
- Monitor site performance
- Conduct accident and incident investigations
- Participate and support in the bid, pre con and pre start processes as required
- Support and advise subcontractors and suppliers.
In return you will have the opportunity to work for market leading company who are developing and expanding. With employee well-being at the forefront they are keen to embrace work life balance and a strong employee culture leading to longevity of employment. With progression planning and role diversity available for the successful candidate this is a fantastic role if you are a resilient and committed safety professional.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’d love to hear from you call Sharron Johns at Convert Recruitment on 0208 420 4064.