Safety & Compliance Manager (Buildings)
Your new company
I am currently working on behalf of my client a housing association based in the Greater Manchester area to recruit a Safety & Compliance manager to join their team.
You will report into the Head of Planned Works and be responsible for compliance
You will develop procedures, monitor and evaluate processes as well as repairs and maintenance and provision of buildings to enable the business to keep customers and staff safe
Your new role
- Manage and lead a team to develop and deliver effective services for leaseholders
- Develop a management policy across the organisation, providing support and guidance
- Develop and implement procedures to provide reports to identify non-conformity issues
- Act as a key contact to provide technical advice or recommendations
- Identify bespoke specifications for buildings
- Manage Fire Risk Assessment processes
- Lead on steering group for buildings in relation to assurance.
- Provide updates on regulatory developments as well as evolving best practices
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for this position applicants must have experience within the property management industry and have had a strategic role in Health & Safety.
Must hold a Health & Safety qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma or working towards and a HNC or degree in Construction / Buildings. You will have a strong understanding of Asbestos, Legionella and Fire safety
You will have excellent influencing, interpersonal and negotiating skills
What you'll get in return
You will get a starting salary of £41,000 per annum + plus car allowance
26 days holiday plus bank holidays which increases with service
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.