Acre is proud to be supporting a global consumer goods manufacturer on the recruitment of a Regional Health & Safety Compliance Manager to based in Shanghai. The role will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Health & Safety policy, standards and culture across a number of manufacturing in China and surrounding region.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and plan an audit schedule that ensures 100% compliance with minimum H&S standards, targets high risk sites as the primary priority and coordinate planning activities with other compliance functions (e.g. Internal Audit) to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of group audit programmes.
- Conduct in depth audits at manufacturing, owned logistics, R&D and commercial office sites within the applicable region. The audits will focus on RB standards, legal compliance and OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- Coach Supervisors and EHS team on requirements of minimum standards during audit approach to help achieve consistent standards across all sites.
- Develop and maintain detailed action plans and dashboards for each site to ensure that they achieve 100% compliance against all minimum requirements.
- Engaging with site and regional managers to assess competence and culture on site to ensure no gaps in knowledge from Leadership and EHS team, and recommend appropriate improvements.
- Engage with SVP and Regional Manufacturing Directors as required to provide information, updates and to address escalated issues.
- Ensure consistent approach is taken globally by working with other Regional EHS Assurance Managers - discuss findings, agree prioritisation, develop consistency, co-develop action plans, benchmark and improve approach and culture.
The successful candidate should demonstrate extensive experience of delivering compliance focused programmes, enhancing management systems and working closely with multiple sites to ensure a robust and consistent safety standard and approach within a similar organisation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience working in a manufacturing environment to a senior management position.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of manufacturing and engineering environments that require robust process safety programmes/systems improvement knowledge and track record of implementation.
- Significant and proven experience in auditing, including against OHSAS 18001 management standards.
- Current knowledge of emerging EHS legislation globally and experience in proactively responding to legislative changes in order to ensure smooth transitions for the business.
- The ability to travel extensively - up to 70% travel at times.
- Hold a relevant degree level qualification - eg Engineering/Safety Disciplines
This is an exceptional opportunity for an engaging and technically sound EHS leader to join one the world's most innovative manufacturers and a business that is committed to maintaining employee safety as a top priority. If you have the skills and expertise our client is looking for please apply.