Overview / Responsibilities
Our client is currently recruiting for a Principal CDM Consultant in their London office. You will be responsible for the delivery of the Principal Designer role as part of our delivery team working on a wide range of water industry projects across all phases of the Design and Construction lifecycle.
You will have the ability to undertake the Principal Designer role on complex multi-discipline construction projects, have an understanding of key hazards typical to your relevant sectors and be able to work as an individual or as part of a wider team. You must be able to work with both internal and external project stakeholders to ensure Health and Safety issues are properly addressed and managed during the project lifecycle. The role requires an in depth understanding of design and construction processes, and the ability to communicate effectively. You will have a clear understanding of the legal requirements of CDM and other legislation relevant to design and construction.
In particular, the role will require you to:
- Assess the competence of any designers and Contractors.
- Manage the collection and sharing of Pre-construction Information between duty holders
- Carry out H&S specific design reviews throughout the design and construction phases of a project
- Promote and manage clear communication between project duty holders with respect to coordination of outputs and management of health and safety issues at all project stages
- Prepare and issue the project specific Health and Safety File on completion
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience on water industry projects would be advantageous
- Professionally qualified with an additional Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate, Certified Membership of APS or ICE H&S Register)
- A high degree of understanding and knowledge on the application of the CDM Regulations
- Significant post qualification experience in either design or construction management including experience of leading design teams
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
If you are interested in this role, or any others we have on at the moment, call Ben Quilter on 0207 960 2581 or email