Are you a passionate and experienced Health & Safety Manager looking for a part- time role? If you’re looking to join a fun and welcoming company where you can really make an impact, we would be delighted to hear from you!
About the Company:
Paper Round started life in 1988 as a small Friends of the Earth project. The Group provides total waste management, office supplies, secure data destruction, and food recycling to businesses and the public sector. From our closed-loop recycling solutions, to charity donations; our ethical stance isn't just lip service, it’s an integral part of who we are and what we do. Our clients range from facilities management firms at large multi-tenant skyscrapers, to financial institutions, charities and media firms and from SMEs to food service chains.
About the Role:
As our Health & Safety Manager, you will be based at our transport depot in Purfleet and report to the Managing Director. You will be responsible for the overall health and safety requirements of the business, creating and maintaining relevant risk assessments, as required, as well as other documentation to ensure compliance. Flexibility is a very important requirement for this role as the successful candidate will be expected to work some early and late shifts.
Hours of Work: You will work 24 hours per week (exact days to be agreed with successful candidate)
Health & Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Manag health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace, creating and maintaining relevant risk assessments as required as well as other documentation, such as checklists that ensure compliance
- Provide toolbox talks and other H&S training to Yard staff. Ensure training records are maintained
- Complete all paperwork related to workplace accidents, incidents and near misses in a timely manner including investigation, notification and recommendation for improvements
- Manage emergency procedures (arrange fire drills/ensure sufficient number of trained first aiders and fire marshals)
- Assist the Compliance & HR Director in managing the Company’s Occupational Health and Safety Management systems and ISO 45001 certificatio
Health & Safety Manager essential requirements:
- 3 years’ Health & Safety management experience within the waste industry
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Dedicated individual training budget.
- 25 days’ annual leave + BH (pro rata)
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Monthly breakfast
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you meet the above requirements and feel the role would be a good fit for you, then please apply today!