Occupational Hygienist | Home based with travel | £43,000 + Car and Excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of the UK's largest construction companies. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK have in excess of 4000 employees and a turnover of £1bn. They lead on the construction of the UK's largest infrastructure projects and are looking to secure an Occupational Hygienist to work alongside their existing team to continually improve occupational hygiene across the business.
This position can be home based with approximately 50% of travel across the country to site.
Responsibilities of the Occupational Hygienist will include:
- Visiting site to monitor and test hygiene performance, making recommendations and implementing improvement action points
- Documenting and accurately reporting injuries and illnesses within the projects and constantly assessing opportunities for improvement
- Working with the projects teams to design out health and hygiene risks from the outset
- From time to time assisting the Occupational Health Technician with the regulatory health surveillance programmes
- Acting as a key point of contact for hygiene across projects and providing professional support and advice
The successful Occupational Hygienist candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an occupational health or hygiene role, ideally from within construction however any industry will be considered
- Hold or working towards a recognised occupational hygiene qualification
- Good communication, negotiation and influencing skills are all essential and the ability to operate in a multi-site environment
This position would suit a creative and passionate individual who is keen to drive new ideas and initiatives forward across occupational hygiene. A UK drivers' licence is essential. For further information and to apply, contact James Irwin on or call 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.