|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Posted||about 2 months ago|
|Apply by||Wednesday, 1 January 2020|
Based in Boston, Lincolnshire
Multi-site role covering 4 sites (Boston, Widness, Grangemouth and Kings Lynn)
Travel Expectations; regular travel between sites and occasional international travel.
£40-45K + Benefits
Reporting in to the UK Operations Director
Do you want to engage, drive and establish HSE across 4 sites from scratch?
Establish a bespoke Safety Behavioural culture programme within a fast paced manufacturing company ?
Do you have a deep rooted passion and collaborative approach to HSE?
Are you looking to shape the future of HSE? - If so this is the job for you!
Main Duties :-
• Develop, review and implement health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure they are adequate to manage key hazards in the business and reflect new and existing legislation.
• Provide expert direction, advice, training and guidance to employees regarding Environment and H&S issues.
• To coach support and influence the site leadership teams as well as bring company related health and safety matters to the attention of the Board of Directors at regular intervals.
• Liaise & support the appropriate site managers over the full range of their duties and responsibilities in respect of Environmental & Health & Safety matters, this with respect to inspections, audits, report recommendations, changes in legislation
• Organise and conduct routine monitoring and audits of H&S database e.g. COSHH register, accidents, near misses and approved contractors at the level appropriate for the intended audience.
• Ensure adequate means of distributing and communicating health, safety and welfare information obtained from the H.S.E., Safety organisations and Trade associations regarding new techniques of accident prevention, new legislation requirements and codes of practice etc.
• The ability to effectively deal with trade unions and enforcement authorities.
• Ensure that an adequate programme of training for health and safety is established and that the safety culture is encouraged amongst employees
• Provide support where required on relevant business projects and initiatives to ensure Environment and Health & Safety statutory obligations are met.
• Coordinate activity to ensure systems are in place to retain certification in applicable H&S and Environment Management System Standards.
• Proactively seek out development opportunities by learning and attending training courses to ensure that the function has the right skills to deliver business needs.
• Advise the Company Directors & Secretary of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R
• To arrange Health surveillance as instructed.
• To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
• To bring new techniques for improving health, safety and welfare to the attention of the Board of Directors.
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• FMCG manufacturing experience is essential
• NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent ideally NEBOSH Diploma
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, proactive and engaging
• Hands on and also able to drive strategic development
• Driven in their approach
• Strong leadership and able to collaborate well with others at all levels
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Interested? Apply now for immediate consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0121 454 5000
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward on our details.