A crucial appointment for a proactive and energetic Health and Safety Manager to join an established medium sized construction and reactive maintenance organisation based in Hertfordshire with travel around Northern home counties, Herts, Beds and Bucks.
Reporting to the Directors this role offers opportunity to guide and develop further the safety culture and take responsibility for the continuous delivery of safety awareness and compliance throughout the business and truly make a difference.
The successful candidate will have have strong engaging skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. You will have excellent administrative and IT skills and evidence of your site based experience too. The successful candidate will be partly office based vs site based and have previous experience within a service based industry - ideally building services, maintenance or 'small ' works' sectors.
This role will require the successful candidate to be responsible for the health safety, environmental and quality management system whilst providing guidance and advice to Senior Management, team members and sub-contractors.
Responsibilities will include :
- Monitor, Evaluate and Review health and safety policies and practice and develop and implement as required.Carry
- Development and delivery of training
- Advising the Board on current and emerging health and safety legislation and making recommendations to ensure compliance
- Preparation and review of risk assessments, carry out audits, manage data and provide management reports to identify trends.
- Accident reporting, COSHH, manual handling, face fit testing, construction phase plans, fire risk assessments
Nebosh General and or Nebosh Construction or NCRQ or equivalent level, ideally my client is looking a candidate who holds the Nebosh Diploma, NCRQ Diploma or equivalent. A minimum of GradIOSH is the ideal with evidence of CPD required.
This growing business are keen to ensure their employees are working within an enjoyable and challenging environment and are keen to support development needs and training for their teams.
If you are looking for a dedicated role as the 'go to' Health and Safety professional are energetic and proactive, call me for more details on 0208 420 4064. Sharron Johns Convert Recruitment