|Salary||£45000 per annum|
|Posted||26 days ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 20 February 2020|
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Single site based in Scunthorpe
• Circa £45,000 per annum + 8% pension + 33 days holiday + Private Healthcare + Life Assurance + Flexible Benefits
• Working closely with the Operations Director and Group HSE Manager
If you wish to make a real difference and implement changes to HSE, appropriately challenged and supported, then this could be the right next step for you!
Main Accountabilities :-
• Maintenance of an effective Safety, Health & Environmental Management System in line with ISO45001 and ISO14001
• Offer support and advice for all Health, Safety and Environmental matters to all colleagues
• Working with the people manager be responsible for the delivery of training and full company induction for all staff
• Ensure the current Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operating Procedures and manage the development and delivery of new ones as required
• Be visible across the site and engage well with all staff
• Coordinate the Safety, Health & Environmental Committee.
• Responsible for the correct management of accident investigation, ensuring root causes have been identified, and ensuring that corrective actions have been completed.
• Drive accountability for HSE downwards.
• Keep good channels of communication with production, internal, external stakeholders and the HSE.
• Help to develop and implement an aligned Cultural and Behavioural Change programme and implement across the site
• Keep informed of new legislation, and professional and technical developments in health & safety and brief the Management Team accordingly.
• Achieve and maintain a recognised standard of competency and undertakes continuing professional development.
• Ensure adequate policies and procedures for the management and control of the company's waste streams.
• Responsible for collating the HSE Budget
Qualifications and required experience :-
• Previous managerial experience within a HSE capacity
• NEBOSH Certificate (as a minimum) or equivalent
• AIEMA Associate in Environmental Management or NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
• Food Manufacturing or relevant general manufacturing experience
• Able to engage and influence others
• Coach and empower others
• Proactive and pragmatic
If this is of interest, please call Sophia on 0121 454 5000 or email Sophia.email@example.com for immediate consideration.