We are Exclusively working with a Construction Organisation in the recruitment of a SHE Manager. This is a brand new position made within their organisational structure due to the growth demands of the business.
The successful candidate will be playing a vital role in embedding the Health, Safety and Environmental culture within the business and implementing a positive behavioural change to safety within the workforce.
- The responsible point of contact for all Health and Safety related issues within the business.
- To develop a strategy for improving the Health and Safety culture within the business.
- To develop the Health and Safety Policies and Procedures that adhere to government legislation requirements and expectations of the business.
- Proactively work with the project teams to support successful delivery of projects in line with Health, Safety and Environmental best practises.
- Have a hands-on approach by conducting site inspections and audits then following up with the appropriate corrective actions.
- Attend Client HSE forums and meetings.
- Covering projects along the M4 corridor as well as Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
- NEBOSH Certificate in construction or equivalent.
- Grad member of IOSH would be desired with the view to progress to a Chartered Member.
- Construction background within either Civil Engineering, Utilities, Rail, Highway or Build.
- A vibrant and energetic character with a passion of making a positive change within a business.
- CSCS card essential, alternatively appropriate fitness levels to achieve status.
- Forward thinker, ability to overcome obstacles where appropriate quickly and efficiency.
- Self-efficient who can manage workload/ prioritise workload.
- Candidate must hold a Driving Licence and be comfortable with the travel involved in the role.