Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Barnsley (With site travel) | £45,000 + car or car allowance + Excellent benefits.
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by major provider to the construction industry, to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. Reporting into the Senior Health, Safety and Environment Manager, this role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of major, long term contracts across multiple sites in the North of England.
The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will include:
* Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
* Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires.
* Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations, whilst constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance.
* Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will have:
* Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within the rail or construction industry
* A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and experience with ISO standards.
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
* A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations.
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634 Ref ED649
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.