Acre is working exclusively with a main contractor on a national project, as such we are looking to speak with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) advisors across commutable distances to either London, Manchester or Birmingham.
Our client is going through a positive period of change. Organic growth has been a large focus over the past 5-10 years, and contracts are being won across the UK. As a result, the HSE team is expanding and creating a sustainable H&S culture is a major priority.
This role will be based in the businesses rail and civil engineering division, focussing on projects in their Northern region. Previous experience within a construction/civil engineering/rail environment will be highly advantageous.
Alongside this you will:
- Establish and promote best practice in Safety, Health and Environmental matters
- Support management teams to ensure that all personnel are aware of their duties and responsibilities. Look to create and improve the organisations self-ownership H&S culture
- Carry out regular site inspections of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Review HSE information to identify trends & areas for improvement. Develop and implement HSE campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with HSE management plans
- Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required
You will need the following skills and experience:
- NEBSOH general certificate, or equivalent
- Civil engineering, rail, utilities, or construction experience
- An ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding behavioural safety techniques would be advantageous
This is an excellent opportunity to join a profitable civil engineering business who have grown organically over the past 10 years. If you're looking to progress your career with a dynamic principal contractor offering great development opportunities, please apply today.