Acre is working exclusively with a main contractor on a national project, as such we are looking to speak with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) advisors across commutable distances to London, Manchester and Birmingham.
Our client is going through a positive period of change. Organic growth has been a large focus over the past 5-10 years, and contracts are being won up and down the UK. As a result, the HSE team is expanding and creating a sustainable H&S culture is a major priority.
This role will be based in businesses rail division, focussing on Birmingham based contracts. Works will include drainage, earthworks, utility diversions, highways and street works.
Alongside this you will:
- Establish and promote best practice in Safety, Health and Environmental matters
- Support management teams to ensure that all personnel are aware of their duties and responsibilities. Look to create and improve the organisations self-ownership H&S culture
- Carry out regular site inspections of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Review HSE information to identify trends & areas for improvement. Develop and implement HSE campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with HSE management plans
- Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required
You will need the following skills and experience:
- NEBSOH general certificate, or equivalent
- Great understanding of OHSAS 18001. ISO 14011 knowledge would be advantageous
- Rail experience is highly desirable, candidates from a civil engineering background will be considered
- An ability to influence a variety of stakeholders and utilise behavioural safety techniques
This is an excellent opportunity to join a profitable civil engineering business who have grown organically over the past 10 years. If you're looking to progress your career with a dynamic principal contractor with an excellent orderbook nationally, please apply today.