The UK's leading certification and testing service company are currently looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join their team in a stand-alone role based in Watford. This role is an exciting and varied opportunity that will give exposure to a wide range of areas. This role would suit a candidate with experience within a construction or testing environment, internal/external auditing and knowledge of OHSAS 18001.
- Work as the sole Health and Safety person on-site, liaising with colleagues and external bodies of all levels to ensure Health and Safety tasks are efficiently carried out.
- Conduct general Health and Safety and Fire Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments and audits across the site working in both high and low-risk environments.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out for lone workers throughout the country.
- Conduct training to staff and sit on the Health and Safety committee, ensuring buy-in from all levels.
- 5 years + experience in a similar role, ideally within construction or testing.
- Auditing experience is essential with a working knowledge of OHSAS 18001.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the confidence to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level or equivalent.
- A versatile candidate, happy with a varied role and happy with ad-hoc travel.
Reference: GR 14405