A higher education establishment based in the Yorkshire area is looking for Health and Safety Officer to work 3 days a week over a 12 month contract duration. Paying between £250-£280 per day dependant on experience
This role will fall inside IR35.
- Supporting the Health and Safety Manager in the operational delivery of an effective health and safety service.
- Supporting the delivery of a consistent approach across the Organisation.
- Engaging and establishing strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders;
- Lead and guide staff in the compilation of risk assessments and with health and safety inductions;
- Communicating to a wide range of audiences, solving complex problems, delivering training and drafting local procedures in line with the Service strategy.
- Providing competent health and safety advice, support and guidance across the Organisation
- Working with the Health and Safety Manager to provide support to a range of committees and working groups;
- Working with the Health and Safety Manager to provide a comprehensive monitoring programme, including inspections and support for internal and external audits.
- A NEBOSH certificate or equivalent Health and Safety qualification;
- Experience of and be able to demonstrate good laboratory practice;
- A detailed understanding of a specialist area e.g. laboratory gas safety, fieldwork risk assessment or cryogenic safety.
- Recent or current practical experience of carrying out health and safety in a complex organisation with a diverse range of risks;
- A proven competence in risk assessment and be able to demonstrate a good understanding of robust and effective risk management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to co-operate with staff at all levels.
- The ability to positively influence and engage others.
- A willingness to attend specific training as required.
- Experience of using the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Experience of interpreting and applying health and safety legislation.