Health & Safety Officer (1 X Northern & 1 X Southern)
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending upon experience) + Training + Progression + Company Vehicle
Are you looking for a Health & Safety role where you will be accountable for ensuring H&S standards are to World Class levels?
In this role, your main responsibilities will be to support the Health and Safety Manager in promoting a positive health and safety culture across the organisation. This will involve ensuring all policies and processes are implemented across each site. You will also carry out workplace and facility safety audits, complete risk assessments and provide outstanding training to people at all levels in the organisation.
The company is a highly successful automotive services specialist whose philosophy is about World Class standards and are a major player in the industry. To achieve this, Health and Safety is key on their agenda and requires someone to take ownership, initiative and accountability for delivering World Class standards with a proactive and energetic mind-set.
This role holds great responsibility, making sure the company’s high standards of Health and Safety are adhered to at all times. You will be covering all elements of the business and making sure H&S operates efficiently through continuous improvement processes.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Health & Safety Manager in promoting a positive safety culture across the organisation
- Promoting World Class Health & Safety and Environmental practices throughout each site
- Managing the Health & Safety Management System, ensuring all policies and processes are implemented across all sites
- Reviewing existing Health & Safety policy statements on a regular basis bringing recommendations or points of issue to the Health and Safety Manager
- Ensuring full compliance of the Health and Safety Policy Documents
- Completing risk assessments and communicating the findings of those assessments to the relevant people
- Carrying out workplace safety audits on a regular basis. Making sure any remedial recommendations are communicated and fully implemented with all personnel.
- Delivering training to all levels of the Organisation
- Developing partnerships with the Customer Management Team and the relevant peer groups.
To be successful in this role, you will be NEBOSH certificated and have proven experience in a Health and Safety position. You will be experienced in delivering outstanding health and safety in the workplace, be a fantastic communicator in delivering training and undertaking risk assessments, and ideally you will have experience of health and safety in Services or Manufacturing industries.
It is essential that you are competent and comfortable travelling across the country to sites as this is a key function to the role. It is also essential that you are comfortable working on your own initiative.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01283 554682 for further details