YOUR NEW COMPANY
A well-established and ambitious Asbestos and Health & Safety Consultancy is looking for a Managing Director to join their growing business. As a UKAS accredited organisation, this organisation has a wealthy experience and technical knowledge working with small companies to multinational organisations. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Managing Director to direct and control the company's operations and to give strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the company achieves its mission and objectives.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This role is based in Northampton and will be reporting directly to the business shareholders. You will be responsible for:
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to the chairman and members of the board
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with major customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally
- Develop and maintain research and development programmes to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry
- Prepare, gain acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximised and that fixed costs are minimised.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts to secure for it the most effective contract terms.
- Develop, promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the company's work.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the significance of equality of opportunity and diversity, and implement it in all aspects of your work
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You be offered a salary of £75,000 to £80,000 + Shareholders scheme options + benefits.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
To be considered for this position you must have a proven record of success in senior level or commercial management roles, senior level experience of management of people and resources, hold a NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and be CMIOSH.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.