Health and Safety Manager
Melksham | £50,000 + Excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a global FMCG manufacturing leader to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The company operates worldwide and this role is leading on health and safety in their major UK manufacturing hub with over 500 employees. The health and safety of employees is the top priority for the company and this role is critical for the business.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
* Ensuring the local site is compliant with UK legislation and that this is translated into tangible policies and practices
* Leading a small team engaging, assisting, coaching and mentoring across the site, acting as the key point of contact for health and safety
* Auditing safety and health performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
* Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, enforcement agencies, and suppliers constantly looking for areas of improvement
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
* Proven experience in a similar health and safety role ideally from within a manufacturing environment
* NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and ideally working towards diploma level
* Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
* A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This role operates in a demanding environment and it is essential the successful candidate embraces change and constantly looks for areas of improvement.
Contact James Irwin for more information on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.