A brand new pivotal role for a dependable and engaging Health and Safety Advisor who can make things happen. Ideally the successful Health and Safety Advisor will have previous rail engineering experience, strong client facing skills and be a commutable distance to Wembley Hendon or Cricklewood.
Reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Advisor this role offers a very attractive salary with access to a vehicle when visiting site if required. My client is dedicated to employee training and development and also provides employees with Pension, Life Insurance, Eye Care, Employee Assistance Programe.
This role will find the candidate both office and site based throughout the week dependant upon project requirements and there may occasionally be a requirement to visit projects at night/weekends
Ideal experience is rail based civil engineering/building projects and the successful candidate will be supporting projects for depot remodelling, train shed extensions, bridge refurbishments, track maintenance etc.
The minimum qualification requirement for this role is Nebosh General and/or NCRQ equivalent with knowledge of OHSAS 18001/45001
Must possess a minimum of 3 years relevant Health and Safety Experience of Construction, London Underground and/or National Rail.
The role will require:
- Delivery and monitoring of Health and Safety performance across the business
- Championing IMS ensuring project staff and contractors comply at all times
- Undertake site inspections and audits and prepare reports.
- Assist in the production or review of Site Files, Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements, Emergency Plans, Manually Handling, COSHH
- Assessments and review of subcontractor documentation
- Attend Client Meetings
- Lead/Assist Accident & Incident Investigations
- Part of HSQE Team Roster
If you have strong problem solving skills, are a capable negotiator and possess the ability to influence and engage others to drive safety culture call Sharron Johns for more details on 0208 420 4064.