Health and Safety Manager (Site Based) |Reading | £45,000 + Excellent benefits.
We're pleased to be partnering with a leading specialist contractor to secure a Health and Safety Manager to work on a large demolition project in Reading. The company is going from strength to strength and has an excellent track record of successful project delivery.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation.
- Assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Being site based to assist, advise and coach contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations, constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance.
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role, from within the construction, civils, demolition or related industry
- NEBOSH Construction or equivalent, and ideally membership of IOSH.
- A basic understanding of demolition and decommissioning projects would be an advantage
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established business and develop and grow your health and safety career, working on an interesting project. For further details please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED567
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.