Health and Safety Manager
Birmingham | £55,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest civil engineering companies to identify a Health & Safety Manager. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK and this is an excellent opportunity to work on a major infrastructure project and to take a leadership position in the health and safety team.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Leading with the wider Health and Safety Team to ensure the implementation of a positive Health and Safety culture and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders including the Client, contractors and regulatory authorities
- Visiting site, assessing Health and Safety performance and implementing an effective audit plan and accurately reporting
- Constantly assessing and implementing opportunities to improve Health and Safety performance across the business
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering, construction, utilities or a related industry
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence, communicate and engage with a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience leading a team on major projects
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Conor Walsh on +44(0) 1923 432 628 or apply here. Ref 5511
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Manager positions.