Health and Safety Manager
UK, East London
£38,000 + Car
Irwin & Colton are currently working with a leading waste and recycling company with over 60 years of successful operation to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The organisation is undergoing a major growth phase and this role is critical to this successful expansion.
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit, multi-site, organisation and help to drive health and safety performance.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health and safety policies and procedures in line with the business evolution
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed health and safety best practice
- Implementing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the key Health and Safety point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators and customers
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with a proven track record of improving performance
- Experience within the manufacturing, waste / recycling or other related high-risk industry
- Ideally a NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate from the boardroom to the shop floor
This position will require some travel to local sites, a UK driver's licence is essential.
Please contact James Irwin on 01923 432 632 or for any further information.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.