Broxtowe Borough Council is situated in the heart of the East Midlands, only minutes away from the City of Nottingham. The Borough has a diverse range of communities from dynamic city suburbs to historic mining towns and rural villages.
We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced individual, who can fulfil this vital role within Broxtowe Borough Council. This small, dedicated team delivers a diverse range of health and safety services to Broxtowe Borough Council and its wholly-owned leisure company Liberty leisure; and also works closely with Nottinghamshire County Council on emergency planning matters.
The Health and Safety Manager will have experience of managing demanding workloads, priorities, changing complex issues, and the challenges of working with several stakeholders and end users. Roles will include:-
• Initiating health and safety policies and codes of safe working practice.
• Leading on the investigation of accidents and near-misses.
• Compiling accident statistics and producing reports.
• Lead responsibility for the management of the corporate asbestos and risk assessment systems.
• Lead responsibility for the management of corporate initiatives for health surveillance/screening and health promotion.
• Undertaking fire risk assessments.
• Lead on facilitating and/or delivering training courses and seminars.
• Lead Officer for Council's Emergency Planning function, including occasional out of hours working.
The post will be based in purpose-built offices in Beeston. Working hours are 37 hours per week with flexi time. The post has a positive approach to training and development and will facilitate appropriate training and professional membership.
Our preferred method for applying for jobs is online at www.broxtowe.gov.uk.
If this is not possible, application packs can be obtained by contacting The Recruitment Team, Human Resources Division on 0115 9173342 or 3372
Please quote reference no. C21
Closing Date: Wednesday 27 February 2019 at 5.00pm