Senior Health & Safety Advisor (Radiation Specialist)
Nottingham | £44,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile University to recruit a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join their team. The University is one the top higher education centres in the country and this role is a University wide position, primarily focused on leading the areas of health and safety regarding radiation.
Health and safety is a top priority for the University and this role is focused on both consolidating the excellent work to date and helping to drive and modernisee the function with responsibility for 40,000 staff and students.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health & Safety Advisor will include:
- To provide competent and pragmatic health and safety advice and support to an organisation with a diverse range of hazard's and work in support of other relevant specialists both internally and externally.
- To develop and review University safety polices and guidance to ensure a consistent and practical approach is maintained across the University
- To proactively monitor the University's safety performance by inspection, audit and review whilst leading on the investigation and review of significant accidents, incidents and near-misses.
- To develop and provide safety training for University staff of all levels in order to raise knowledge levels of legal requirements and safe working practice.
The successful Senior Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from within a research, scientific or similar environment,
- Previous experience working with radioactive materials
- A NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- RPS qualification or membership of relevant professional body
For further information contact Conor Walsh on or 01923 432 628 or apply here. Ref 6144
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.