Standfast & Barracks is the UK’s leading specialist printer of high end furnishing, apparel and camouflage fabrics. Based in Lancaster, it has been printing fabrics for over 90 years and is one of the most versatile and capable printers in the world, producing the finest quality prints.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to ensure company compliance with Health & Safety requirements, policies and procedures, to identify and promote best practice, implement and improve the Health & Safety management systems. You will also provide assistance to the Technical & Environmental Manager implementing environmental monitoring and practices.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Implementation of Company Health & Safety policies, procedures and strategies.
- Maintenance, development & implementation of the company’s Health & Safety management systems.
- Arranging timely completion of non-compliance, complaint and near miss reports.
- Managing and developing Health & Safety initiatives.
- Promoting and developing employee participation and team based improvement activities.
- Arranging and monitoring Health & Safety training.
- Representing the company in matters of Health & Safety, ie Policy, Strategy, management systems development, with Group, suppliers, external auditors, consultants and relevant outside bodies.
- Ensure the company’s targets in terms of product quality and Health & Safety performance are achieved.
- Work with departmental managers to improve health & safety, advise on setting targets, minimising accident frequency and industrial claims.
- Provide assistance to the Technical & Environmental Manager in respect of environmental monitoring and adherence to policies and procedures.
Measure of Success:
- Operational effectiveness and maintenance of Health & Safety management standards to maintain and meet company, industry and legal standards.
- Improvement of standards to meet ISO 45001 standards by July 2021.
- Reduction in accident/loss rate.
- Increase in employee involvement, reporting rate of near misses, non-compliance, hazards and suggestions.
- Accurately measures standards across the business.
- Timely audits and investigation completion.
- Accuracy and punctuality of reports and data.
- Achievement of agreed Health & Safety targets.
- Internal customer satisfaction.
- Compliance with all site and legislative Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of environmental tasks to required timescale.
Connecting with Others:
Within this role you will be responsible for management of all site personnel including External Consultants and suppliers, Head Office and legislative bodies. .
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Health & Safety role within a technical, manufacturing or engineering environment is essential.
- Experience of implementing or managing IOS 14001 and Health & Safety management systems.
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate and motivate staff at all levels, with an aptitude to monitor, assess and improve existing systems. They will be a self-starter/finisher, self-motivated and disciplined, with the ability to manage and prioritise resources to achieve consistently high results.
We offer 27 days holiday plus statutory holidays.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your letter of application and CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2020
Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not received a response within 2 weeks from the closing date, we regret that on this occasion your application has not been successful.