Acre is delighted to be partnered with a globally recognised transportation business as they look to ire a new Health & Safety Advisor. Our client is a household name with ambitious plans over the course of the next decade, making this an exciting time to be joining the business.
You will play a crucial role in supporting the organisation to manage their risks, understand their culture and performance and continuously improve their health & safety proficiency.
- Providing high-quality, professional and proactive support to the relevant business areas, ensuring they understand standards in respect to working conditions, equipment and welfare arrangements
- Supporting and enabling collaborative working between business divisions to ensure that complex health & safety issues are mapped and managed appropriately
- Supporting the delivery and adoption of the organisation's safety management system
- Providing technical advice in relation to complex risk assessments
- Conducting health & safety audits and assurance checks within the business
- Supporting the business to define health & safety accountabilities for all roles, including accountabilities for the oversight and assurance of third-party health & safety performance
- Supporting the organisation to identify training needs, based on an assessment of risk and accountabilities
- Relevant technical health & safety knowledge gained in a high-volume footfall environment, e.g. transport, manufacturing or facilities and property management
- Highly engaging and compelling communication style with a proven ability to win hearts and minds at all levels within an organisation
- Ambitious and results driven with a strong desire to exceed expectations both internally and externally
- Takes ownership of complex issues and tasks and empowers others to do the same
- Good understanding of continuous improvement or project management processes
- Ideally GradIOSH and working towards Chartered status
This position offers a great opportunity to take up a support position within a FTSE 100, globally recognised transportation business. If you feel you have the correct skill set, then please do apply.