Your new company
You will be working for a diverse council within the corporate services department helping to health & safety team to deliver and promote the health & safety and fire safety programme across the borough. An exclusive employer who are committed to building and promoting positive safety culture as well as developing their positioning within the council.
Your new role
As a health & safety advisor within the team you will helping to contribute towards the development of organisational safety culture and fully integrating a safe working environment for all employees, clients and the public. On a day to day basis you could be getting involved with any of the following:
- Managing advisory services to departments/directorates on H&S issues and risk assessments
- Monitoring compliance of all H&S legislation, policies and practices
- Working to minimise operational losses, accidents and incidents
- Working closely with internal and external contacts such as HSE, Schools, Contractors, Senior Managers and Union Representatives
- Supporting the H&S Manager in delivering the H&S vision and implementing corporate strategies
- Undertaking audits including on 3rd party fire risk assessments
- Giving advice of all aspects of H&S management inc. COSHH, Manual Handling, DSE etc...
- Developing comprehensive H&S training schemes to increase awareness
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will need to be qualified as a minimum to an equivalent of GradIOSH (NEBOSH Diploma, Degree, NVQ, NCRQ etc...) and ideally be working towards CMIOSH. You will need to have comprehensive knowledge of H&S legislation and ideally experience working either within the public sector or within a large and equally complex organisation. My client is looking for someone who can work under pressure, organise their own workload and can give considered advice on highly complex issues. You must also be able to show a track record in developing H&S policies, monitoring management systems and working collaboratively with senior managers to achieve goals.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be offered a salary of £40-41k plus public sector benefits including the LGPS, 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), flexible working options and more...
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.