A proven, regional H&S Advisor to join a leading construction contractor, based in Basingstoke.
Your new company
My client are a leading principal contractor, operating mainly in the residential sector.
They are proud of every home they build, each one built by industry experts who care about the projects they work. The business is based around their core values of Quality, Care and Integrity.
Your new role
Reporting to the Group HSE Director, you will cover between 10-14 sites across Hampshire and Berkshire. You will be primarily based out of the Basingstoke office, but will also work from the Reading office for part of the week.
- To provide support to the Divisional/Regional businesses in order to provide assurance that the HSE Management system is fully implemented and effectively mitigating H&S risks.
- To support Divisional/Regional management in implementing actions to deliver strategic health and safety plans at a local level, ensuring evidence of implementation maintained.
- Guidance and support to be provided by proactive site and workplace inspection and constructive assistance to provide compliance with Company H&S systems and standards.
- Work with Site Management teams to devise, plan and implement actions to improve standards on site, in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
- Identify areas/sites where prevailing performance requires attention and work with Area/Site teams to set out and implement plans.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate must have significant experience in a similar Health and Safety role, within a variety of different industries (Construction/ house build is preferable). You will have a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, ideally as a Graduate Member of IOSH too (working towards CMIOSH).
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top principal contractor with a good chance of career progression.
You will receive a market salary between £40,000-£45,000 plus a company car/car allowance and additional benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.