An Edinburgh based Local Authority is seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to support their team for an initial 3-6-month contract on a full-time basis with a possibility of an extension. You will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Health and Safety team to ensure a comprehensive Health and Safety Management system is in place to assist the business in achieving its goals. This role is within IR35.
- Implementing Health and Safety procedures.
- Reviewing and refining their Health and Safety policies.
- Carrying out Risk Assessments.
- Carrying out accident investigations and report writing.
- Carrying out Audits and DSE inspections.
- Improving HSE performance across the group.
- Delivering Health and Safety training when required.
- Promoting best practice.
- Experience within the property/public sector is essential.
- Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety is essential.
- Happy to hit the ground running.
- Effective communicator at senior level.