Onyx Insight is a global technology company in the renewables sector with offices in the UK, the United States, Korea and India. Our software, hardware and real-world engineering expertise gives wind turbine owners clarity and control over their operating and maintenance decisions.
Due to continued growth we are now seeking a Health & Safety Adviser based in our Nottingham office. This is a new position with a global remit. Building on a robust foundation of safety practice and policy, you will bring safety to life within our company.
- work effectively with colleagues around the world to co-ordinate and drive our Safety performance.
- ensure that the resources, training and knowledge required to support a culture of safety are available, accessible and understood by all staff across all our locations
- identify and assess areas of risk in this knowledge and understanding and develop solutions to prioritise and address them.
- support the groups and forums that provide assurance/governance around our safety culture.
- manage our policy and procedure framework
- lead the response to incidents and investigation
- develop and deliver engaging training resources and communications materials
- lead on staff health and wellbeing initiatives
- drive and develop our safety observation programme
Skills & Experience
- working with and maintaining an ISO-compliant management system
- some experience of the utility/energy sector desirable
- understanding of knowledge management tools such as Microsoft Sharepoint
- knowledge of risk management processes, including contractor management and working at height
- experience of developing staff wellbeing support programmes
- recognised qualification such as The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- strong completer/finisher with excellent organisation skills
- ability to travel with a flexible, pragmatic approach to getting things done
- confident communicator with a hands-on approach
- excellent MS Office suite skills
Salary and Benefits
- £30-35k per annum
- Occupational pension
- Life insurance
- BUPA health insurance
- Exceptional office environment
- Career development support
This is a stand-alone role with strong and visible support at the highest level within the organization. Access to sector-leading mentoring and career development support is available and it is expected that you will actively utilise this support to push forward and champion our safety culture agenda. This is a rare opportunity that provides considerable scope to grow your career on a global scale with an organisation that is going through significant change.