A Charity that supports individuals with housing and complex needs is recruiting for a Health and Safety Adviser. Based from home but covering the South West, the post-holder will be required to ensure the continuous improvement of all aspects of H&S within the organisation. This is a multi-site role and requires travel throughout the M4 corridor. Experience of carrying out Fire Risk Assessments is desirable for this role.
- To assist in ensuring H&S systems support the staff in the delivery of services.
- To support managers in developing H&S plans to ensure the effective management and good practice in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working and living environment.
- Ensure that a programme of safety audits and inspections are maintained.
- To advise on the management of accidents and incidents in accordance with RIDDOR and other regulations and provide support in the investigation of accidents and incidents where appropriate.
- Build effective working relationships with the H&S team.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent - essential. Diploma or NVQ 5 in Occupational H&S desirable.
- Experience of working in a multi-site role within a multidisciplinary organisation.
- Experience in conducting Fire Risk assessments.
- Outgoing individual with an approachable personality and excellent communication skills.
- Solutions-focused H&S practitioner.