Acre has been engaged by the leading UK manufacturer in their field, a pioneer in this exciting and rapidly growing sector.
This UK based manufacturer put safety and quality at the heart of everything they do, ensuring that everyone works in a safe environment, supported by their systems to meet customers' quality expectations.
As the Head of SHEQ, you will have a pivotal strategic role to play in the development and growth of the business. You will manage teams of individual disciplines of SHEQ across the business, covering precision engineering manufacturing activities, coaching and mentoring your team to be the embodiment of the behaviours and standards of the business.
This is an extremely exciting period of growth and development and a fantastic time to join such an innovative manufacturing business
As the leader in their field, they are passionate about Shingo guiding principles and adopt them throughout the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- To develop and implement the SHEQ strategy across the company with support from the Board of Directors
- Lead on strategic activity and operational matters relating to Compliance, Safety, Health, Environment and Quality across the organisation
- Liaise with business partners in HR to drive wellbeing into our business strategy
- Promote, develop and establish a positive safety culture within the Company, ensuring it can meet its legal requirements
- Providing competent support and expert advice to stakeholders across the organisation
- Team management and development of SHEQ Team
- Driving organisational SHEQ objectives & targets across the group
- Providing the CEO and Senior management with information and reports in relation to compliance, SHEQ for presentation at leadership and board level
- Full accountability for our Integrated Management System and obtaining and maintaining certifications.
- Liaison with Supply Chain Director to lead on Supplier Quality
- Drive collaboration with the product design and development team to lead on Advanced Quality Planning (APQP) development, including risk-assessment, Standard work and Process Control Plans (PCP)
- Liaison with Customer Care team to support in the management of Customer Satisfaction and feedback
- Assure compliance with all relevant H&S regulations
This is a tough and challenging role within a hugely ambitious business, well backed and with an energetic and growing team.
You will be looking for an opportunity to shape the quality and safety culture of a business without the burden of existing practices and tradition. This is the right opportunity for a self-starter & strategic thinker who can imagine and realise the best possible safety and quality outcomes.
In addition, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant degree and/or NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Relevant professional membership (CMIOSH preferred)
- Qualifications in Six Sigma Lean methodology or statistical process control (SPC) manufacturing philosophies, advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years Quality management experience (end-to-end)
- Must have extensive experience within a strategic HSEQ Manufacturing position
- Strategic experience of safety leadership including assuring compliance to statutory requirements
- Experience of presenting at board level
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed, interviews are happening ASAP so please do not hesitate to apply.