Acre is proud to be partnering with market leading international farming and food manufacturing business, G's, on a search to identify their new Head of Health, Safety & Risk.
Established in 1952, G's is a family owned, international farming and fresh produce business that produces a variety of salads, fruit, vegetables and healthy foods. G's has over 7000 employees and a turnover in excess of £500 million with operations across the UK, EU, USA, Senegal and South Africa.
As the Head of Health, Safety & Risk you will be responsible for the UK Health & Safety teams as well as delivering and maintaining a health and safety change management programme. You will lead this programme to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the business, providing direction and facilitating programmes that evolve and further develop culture to support the overall business strategy.
- Reporting to the boards, work across business units to develop strategy and roadmaps to imbed responsibility and accountability across teams.
- Ensure management systems are effective and that improvement plans are maintained and continually developed.
- Interpret and relay health & safety legislation to advise on relevant changes to G's policies, procedures and risk management processes.
- Reviewing relevant trends in data, KPI's and outputs to provide & implement business wide preventative measures, continuous improvement and progressive strategy.
- Lead and develop the Occupational Health & Wellbeing Strategy for the business
- Provide coaching and development for the Health & Safety capability across G's businesses, within your team as well as operational practitioners, maximising their performance and potential fully.
- Work with external stakeholders and further develop external reputation by acting as the company representative at Industry/Regulatory body discussions, ensuring the companies best interests are represented.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders, influencing and supporting H&S standards and progression against plans.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the Head of Health, Safety & Risk will have full authority from the Board of Directors, in a business with an established and strong commitment to health and safety.
- Will hold a relevant degree level health and safety qualification, preferably a Chartered member of IOSH.
- Will have previous experience of driving a health and safety change programme.
- Will have worked within a food manufacturing environment, alternatively, from a manufacturing background.
- Will have experience engaging and operating at all levels within a business, including with the Board of Directors
- Will have proven experience of successfully managing teams and providing continuous professional development across the team.
- Will have a consultative approach to health, safety & risk support.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to effect change and build on existing successes, within an established business that deals with a unique combination of risks and work environments. If you feel that you have the right experience and approach to take this role on as your next career challenge, please don't hesitate to apply or get in contact with the relevant Acre consultant to discuss further.
G's is an exciting place to work and we are on a mission to develop and retain the talented people in our business and support high levels of performance; it is a fast-paced, stimulating and a rewarding environment with plenty of opportunities for our people to grow. We can only achieve this through living our values each and every day in everything we do; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do