Head of Health & Safety | Property |£65,000 to £70,000 plus very attractive benefits package | Central London
We're very pleased to be partnering with a forward thinking, sector leading commercial property company, who are seeking a Head of Health and Safety to lead on the strategy and management of health and safety across their growing portfolio. The company owns and manages over 65 properties located across the Central and Greater London region, the Head of Health & safety would be based out of their Head office in South London (Underground Zone 2), but with circa 50% travel across the portfolio.
A fantastic opportunity to lead health and safety in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health & Safety will include:
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the business and property portfolio, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to the Board of Directors and engage with all staff across the organization on health and safety issues
- Ensure activities across the portfolio are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Develop and manage the health and safety management system, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy and performance
- Oversee the Fire Risk Management process across the portfolio
The successful Head of Health & Safety will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within property, the built environment, Facilities, Construction or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching across all levels of the organisation from site to the boardroom
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent)
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH) Chartership of IOSH (or working towards)
- Knowledge of fire safety (Any related professional qualification, an advantage)
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated health & safety professional to lead and manage the function, in fast-paced and fun working environment. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Michael Colton on or call 01923 432633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.