A prestigious national charity is seeking a Head of Health and Safety. This is great opportunity to lead and develop a newly formed team and make a positive impact on how H&S is viewed within the organisation, as you will have line management responsibility for 3 regional Health and Safety Managers and work closely with delivery teams. Key projects include the transition from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001, and a review of H&S training within the organisation.
This role can be based from either London or Birmingham. The salary on offer depending on location, due to a London weighting element.
- Lead and develop a team of 3 regional H&S Managers
- Promote a positive H&S culture across the organisation
- Lead on the ongoing maintenance of the OHSAS 18001 management system, and implement a strategy to transition to ISO 45001
- Review of H&S training design and delivery, developing innovative approaches
- Travelling to other office locations and services to support the role
- CMIOSH; NEBOSH Diploma or NCRQ Level 6 Diploma in H&S or equivalent
- Experience in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of OHSAS 18001
- Experience of operating as a senior H&S professional, preferably within the charity, public sector, education or similar environments
- Able to effectively manage a remote team
- Highly effective communicator and influencer
- Coaching and influencing skills, able to take a 'business partner' approach
- Full driving licence desirable