Your new company
A leader in the agricultural field, this company owns multiple sites across the UK with a complex set of operations and risks. With the agricultural landscape changing they have put an importance on making sure their H&S standards are also evolving and therefore have taken the step to appoint a brand new role for the company - Head of Health & Safety.
Your new role
This brand new role will be responsible to the Managing Director and will also work closely with all other board members to oversee the company's Health and Safety Operation. You will be leading the development and adoption of a stronger safety culture across all sites and with all employees. On a day to day some of the key responsibilities could include the following:
- Influence and empower business leaders to shape and implement robust plans that drive H&S performance improvements where required
- Implement a set of H&S measures, fully integrated into the Company's operations.
- Ensure that the operational business has all the resources that it needs to achieve compliance and best practice in a self-sufficient and sustainable way.
- Ensure that site and regional teams are self-sufficient and properly enabled through a successful H&S coaching and influencing strategy
- Lead on all major incident and accident investigation and ensure that preventive actions are implemented through a process of root cause analysis
- Discuss and create with the Managing Director, a Strategic H&S development and implementation plan, to deal with current issues and opportunities
What you'll need to succeed
This role requires an experienced figurehead, in both Health & Safety practice and ideally within the agricultural sector (other sectors such as manufacturing, logistics & construction may be considered.) You will need to be able to engage effectively with people and influence the adoption of robust Health and Safety practices throughout the Company. You will need to have a collaborative approach and be results-driven. This clients ideal candidate will have a track record in taking the lead on complex H&S issues and will be able to drive ongoing step-change and H&S strategy. Ideally you will hold CMIOSH status (candidates with extensive agricultural experience may be considered at a lower grading.) It is also essential that you hold a valid Driving Licence as there will be travel required across the UK. You will need to have a flexible approach which could involve staying overnight at site locations.
What you'll get in return
For this new appointment, my client will be offering a salary commensurate with experience and knowledge of the Agricultural sector which will be around the £70k mark. They will also provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Company Car & Travel Expenses
- Share Save Scheme
- Additional Lifestyle Benefits Package including restaurant discounts, reduced gym memberships etc.
- Company pension scheme including employer contribution of 4%
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year + BH
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or get in touch with the exclusive recruitment partner Nicole Smith from Hays Health & Safety for more information.