Head of Environmental Health and Safety
Field based with Extensive UK travel
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, focused Health and Safety Professional to join Inchcape UK, a previous Number 1 'Sunday Times Best Big Company to Work For.
This role is responsible for executing the EHS strategy across Inchcape UK, embedding a culture of zero harm and safety at Inchcape, whilst ensuring safety of colleagues, customers, visitors and contractors, in line with current Environmental Health and Safety and associated legislation. The role will also work across Inchcape’s European footprint to ensure local country legislation compliance.
The role will work most effectively with line management and heads of business, with a small team of EHS Practitioners reporting into the function. The role also manages the performance of Workers Compensation premium and injury management programs, to drive improvement and claims reduction therefore improving bottom line performance for the business.
What’s in it for you?
Not only do you get to work alongside great people within our HR team and Inchcape, but we offer great benefits too.
For your valued contribution we will provide you with a fantastic benefits package including;
- Employee Advantage scheme which has over 3000 retailers with 1000’s of discounted products and services.
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Holiday allowance, rising with length of service
- Childcare voucher scheme savings
- Discount membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Cycle to work scheme
And much more ………
Skills and Experience required
- Proven Experience of operating at this level in a similar role, preferably with a large automotive retailer.
- Possession at minimum a NEBOSH Diploma Certificate or similar.
- High levels of written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate technical information in a simple way that can influence others.
- Develop and deliver an array of EHS training programs to senior members.
- Flexible, proactive, enthusiastic and quick to adapt and take on new initiatives.
- Qualified Lead Auditor with proven experience.
- Demonstrable experience working with computer EHS software systems.
- Built and Implemented ISO OHS Management systems within an organisation.
- Full UK Driver’s license
- Ability to influence senior management and drive culture change outcomes.
Interested? For a detailed description of what the role entails, please click Apply Now