|Salary||£60000 per annum|
|Posted||4 months ago|
|Apply by||Thursday, 12 September 2019|
Salary : - £60,000 per annum + £8,400 company car + package
Location:- Spalding, Lincolnshire
You have the chance to join an renowned, fast paced manufacturing organisation as a Group SHE Manager, with responsibility across the UK. The client has 5 factory sites and three distribution centres based across the UK, from West Lothian in the East of Scotland to Somerset in the South West of England.
They pride themselves on being a very fast paced, friendly organisation who is looking a robust and engaging safety professional to develop and champion safety.
Main duties :-
• Develop and maintain procedures and schedules to monitor the manufacturing sites compliance with relevant internal and external health, safety and environmental standards. Ensure appropriate action plans are documented and delivered within agreed timescales to address any non-compliance identified.
• Collate and review all internal and external audit reports of the manufacturing sites to summarise areas of non-conformance and identify any common cross site trends.
• Develop and compile a monthly report for monitoring internal and regulator / third party audit compliance across the Group.
• Develop and maintain a SHE Management System which documents the due diligence activities of the Central SHE team.
• Ensure relevant shared learnings and good practice are communicated across the Group on due diligence related matters.
• Support the delivery of the group risk reduction initiatives and due diligence programme. Co-ordinate and maintain the company's expertise on a nominated risk topic(s) and become recognised as the SHE expert.
• Develop and maintain expertise in key SHE areas on behalf of the Company as agreed with the Group SHE Manager (eg WPT, legislation, SHE staff development, risk reduction initiatives etc).
• Participate in the generation and maintenance of companies Policies and Standards with respect to health, safety and environmental compliance as required.
• Develop and deliver a programme of SHE training courses for the Group under guidance from the SHE Action Team and Manufacturing Forum.
• Be recognised as the primary central contact for the regulators (HSE and EA) and BU stakeholders.
• Participate in and contribute to regulator / industry lead initiatives and provide an interface for co-ordination of any cross site issues, particularly with regard to risk reduction.
• Provide SHE support to all sites as required on a "project" basis.
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• Food or beverage or packaging manufacturing experience is desirable but may look at wider manufacturing experience if relevant
• NEBOSH Diploma
• IEMA is desirable
Ideal personality traits:-
• Enthusiastic, robust and engaging
• Hands on and able to support development of the strategy
• Driven in their approach
• Strong Leadership and Management skills
• Able to influence, gain buy -in with strong communication skills
Interested? Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 454 5000