A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Health & Safety Manager to join a professional services organisation in the Northwest. Primarily based from the head office in Manchester, you will be required to create, develop, implement and enhance the H&S policy and management systems for the organisation. Working at a senior level and in a stand-alone role, you will be accountable for the proactive delivery of the H&S function at a Corporate level. Some overseas travel may also be required so experience of working within a global organisation would be advantageous.
- Maintenance of the Group H&S framework, ensuring this reflects relevant changes in UK based legislation.
- Working with divisional and site management to embed H&S best practice.
- Leadership of the Group's H&S accident reporting and tracking process as supported by the integrated risk management system.
- Responsible for the H&S aspects of company car driver behaviour and nest practice.
- Undertaking independent investigations for specific site based accidents/incidents.
- Chartered Membership of IOSH and NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in developing and managing H&S management systems across different organisations.
- Proven and credible experience in H&S, including operations experience.
- Ability to influence and engage across all levels of an organisation, including the C-suite.
- Experience in achieving and implementing ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
Reference: CS 12759