Job – Group Health & Safety Advisor – House builder, Construction.
Location – Leicester, England, United Kingdom.
Contract – Permanent
Working Hours – 37.5 Hours per week.
Salary – Attractive Salary + Car/Car allowance + benefits.
Closing date for applications – 10th November 2017 (Interviews will be held during November/December 2017).
Send your CV to Scott.Tallis@jelson.co.uk
Jelson Homes is a house builder & Commercial unit construction company in the UK with over 125 years of experience in our industry.
We’re focused on quality in all areas, determined to change thinking and committed to raising the profile and performance of HSE across the organisation.
We are currently recruiting for a Group Health & Safety advisor to provide HSE support to our Construction sites, also based in and around the Leicestershire area.
Reporting to the Group Health & Safety Director you will be responsible for implementing the Group Health & Safety policy and will work closely with the management team to continually improve and maximise the quality and consistency of our services. As part of the Group Health & Safety department your Roles & Responsibilities will be to ensure you provide Health & Safety support to Jelson Homes Construction sites.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career, as this is a newly created position there will be opportunities to shape this role and develop it long term.
We are looking for a candidate whose role would be to: -
- Conduct HSE site inspections and audits across Jelson Homes Construction sites.
- An In-depth knowledge of current HSE Legislations i.e. The Construction, (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 etc.
- Attend Pre-Start Meeting for all Construction projects.
- Able to develop Construction Phase Plans
- Work with management to resolve HSQE matters and work towards ever improving the culture of the workforce.
- Engage with operatives on site to encourage health and safety best practice.
- Be an active member of the whole team.
- Report on & Investigate accidents and incidents on site.
- Conduct H&S Training & Toolbox talks.
- Must be able to write new/review Risk Assessments including COSHH & Fire and Safe systems of works etc.
- Ensure that health and safety policies are implemented, understood and complied with in the workplace.
- Ensure SSOW, safety bulletins and H&S manual updates are communicated and trained to relevant employees then documented on training records.
- Train all new employees on Group Health & Safety Policies and in basic health and safety.
- Act as first line support to the Operations Directors on all health and safety matters.
- Produce management reports/KPIs/statistics on a regular basis to monitor success.
Qualifications and attributes of Candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years Health, Safety & Environmental Construction experience.
- Nebosh Construction Certificate (essential)
- Full driving License (essential)
- Nebosh Diploma or equivalent (Desirable).
- Nebosh Fire (Desirable)
- Member of IOSH CMIOSH (Desirable).
- Experience of Construction site environment and the HSE processes involved throughout the project.
- Be an enthusiastic member of the team and also be able to work unsupervised and manage own time to meet deadlines set by the Group Health & Director.
- Be focused and maintaining performance & continual improvement.
- Able to influence a good behavioral safety culture.