Group Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
London, Paddington | £90,000 + Up to 30% bonus and excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by Helios Towers Africa to recruit their Group Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ). This role is the most senior HSEQ position in the company and is tasked with both continuing current success and laying the platform for continued improvement in the HSEQ function.
Helios Towers owns and operates telecommunications towers and passive infrastructure in four high-growth African markets. The company have over 6500 mobile network sites with clients including the largest mobile network operators in Africa. This role is based at Helios Tower's Paddington Headquarters, however will involved regular travel to Africa.
Key responsibilities for the Group Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality will include:
- Leading the development and delivery of the health, safety, environment, quality strategy and tactical plan across the group
- Ownership of Group Security; strategy, policy, documentation and reporting including
- Maintaining ISO / OSHAS Certifications (OSAHS 18001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001)
- Engaging across the business, including working with business unit leads, functions leads and operations, to continue to drive a positive safety culture
- Scanning the horizon for future challenges and opportunities and creating innovative ideas to drive continual improvement
- Setting HSEQ performance targets and ensuring accurate reporting against these
The successful Group Head of Health, Safety, Environment & Quality will have:
- Strategic vision, with the ability to identify innovative ideas and convert these into successful projects which have a tangible impact on HSEQ performance
- Senior leadership experience in a similar role ideally within telecoms, construction or civil engineering or a related industry including experience in Africa or developing countries
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management to successfully drive change management projects
- Excellent management system experience, including ISO 9001
- Chartered Membership of IOSH and a relevant degree level qualification
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate health, safety, environmental and quality professional to join an organisation which are expanding rapidly. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.