Huhtamaki is a global food packaging specialist, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. The company is a pioneer in exploring and using new sustainable materials such as bio-plastics and recyclable materials. Its products include paper and plastic disposable tableware, such as cups, plates and containers for quick service restaurants, coffee shops, retail stores, caterers and vending operators. The company provides coated paper cups for fast food chains, recycled fibre packaging for egg trays and cup holder,as well as flexible packaging and labels for food and drink, pet food, pharmaceuticals, household and hygiene brands.
Acre has been selected as Huhtamaki's search partner to fill a newly created role in the business; Global Occupational Health & Safety Manager.
The Global OHS Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a global OHS roadmap for the business with the overall goal of improving the way Huhtamaki manages OHS across the 78 manufacturing sites in 34 different countries.
Key duties will include:
- Being the internal global leader and expert in Huhtamaki for OHS
- Manage and coordinate global OHS programs and initiatives
- Maintain, update and train OHS policies, procedures and requirements
- Introduce tools, metrics and KPIs to globally monitor the performance of OHS
- Engage with manufacturing units to improve the OHS performance
- Define and develop OHS competencies in the organisation
- Build and manage Huhtamaki OHS network to support best practice sharing and OHS strategy implementation
- Build procedures for global OHS crisis management and coordination
- Manage internal and external reporting and communication on OHS topics
This role will be a part of the Huhtamaki global corporate team and will play a vital role in representing OHS at the highest levels with the organisation, but equally, will spend time with front line employees and understand how to ensure their health and safety in their day to day roles.
You will be seen as the leader of the OHS function globally and will need to develop strategies and systems to bridge gaps between operations teams and corporate teams, business sectors, cultures and regions. The long-term goal of the business to have safety embedded in every decision and integrated into the culture of the organisation.
The Global OHS Manager will have:
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of OHS in a manufacturing environment
- A degree level education in a related subject with the relevant association memberships
- Strong project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships in person and virtually with internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority and across cultures
- Experienced in working across geographies and cultures
- Developmental mindset and drive to take things forward
This is a unique opportunity to take on a newly created role within an established organisation to develop and deliver an OHS strategy that brings the parts of the organisation closer and creates and improved, standardised approach to the OHS risks within the business.
The role will prefereably be based in Helsinki but could be flexible in Europe for the right candidate.
For more information on this role, please contact Greg Brittian on or apply now!