A crucial appointment and a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and flexible Fire Safety Officer to join a small and dedicated Fire Safety team in central London where no two days are the same. This role will require the successful candidate to provide specialist advice ensuring the business continually and consistently meet regulatory and best practice requirements for the overall management of fire safety throughout the entire estate.
Essentially the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience in both inspection and management of fire safety and possess a proven ability to review plans, strategies and designs to ensure fire safety goals are met. You will need to have a positive and engaging ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to adapt your skills effectively across a complex and vast environment of buildings to include new build and existing accommodation, Grade 1 listed buildings, laboratories, lecture theatres and office environments.
For this role my client requires
- Nebosh Fire Safety Qualification
- Third Party Certificated as either a - Fire Risk Assessor or Auditor through the Institution of Fire Engineers Register, or evidence of working towards
- Membership of, or working towards membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers or similar organisation
- ability to demonstrate experience in both inspection and management of Fire Safety
- possess thorough up to date knowledge of fire safety legislation and best practice
- ability and experience of reviewing plans, strategies and designs to ensure principles of Fire Safety are compliant
IT skills are essential for this hugely diverse and varied role along with excellent engaging and interpersonal communication skills. You will be required to work autonomously within a team with flexibility around your working hours with an earlier start would be the ideal too.
As well as competitive salary range with annual increments this role offers the successful candidate many benefits – including healthcare scheme, cycle schemes, flexible and agile working, childcare options, eye care, discounted gym membership and lots more.
If you have a positive 'can do' attitude with a sound work ethic this is a fascinating opportunity within a diverse business area. To apply for the role call Sharron Johns on 0208 420 4064 or click apply and send your latest CV.